Trimming down the pattern to get a better fit...
And transferring that pattern over to some 3/16" plate steel.
That piece was then cut out with the bandsaw and trimmed lightly.
It was further fitted on the bech grinder...
And then the hole predrilled.
Lining up the partial hole with the vague notch left of the old hole gave me a starting point.
Once I started welding, I took a moment to zap the cracked tab weld, as well.
A couple good hot welds...
I little heat from the gas torch and a hammer to persuade it into shape...
And then a little more welding. It's not pretty, but it works.
Ground back to shape and smoothed a bit, then I redrilled the hole to make sure it was completely round.
And to finish it off, a quick blast of rattlecan to make it all black again.